Climate change is todays biggest global challenge. As human activities, mainly in the energy sector, have accelerated and fastened global warming enormously over the last 200 years, it’s no less than our utmost duty to protect the planet as good as we can. Maybe not necessarily for the people of today, but the people of tomorrow. Our main goal is – even if it may sound a bit corny – to contribute to those efforts as good as we can.
As of today, one of the biggest sources of air polution is the energy sector. Therefore what we need to effectively tackle the issue is an answer on how to produce clean and sustainable energy. We strongly believe in photovoltaics to be one. PV is a major contributor to a possible solution. This is why an investment in photovoltaics means no less than an investment in the future of our planet.
„We are the first generation to be able to end poverty, and the last generation that can take steps to avoid the worst impacts of climate change. Future generations will judge us harshly if we fail to uphold our moral and historical responsibilities.“
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon upon receiving an honorary degree from the Catholic University of Leuven, in Leuven, Belgium (May 2015)
What you will find at Ilios is a symbiosis of profitable investments and sustainable environmental protection. Photovoltaics is key to this rather unusual combination. Every new photovoltaic power plant helps to maintain the ecological balance of our planet. The sun becomes our strongest ally in our fight against climate change and its dramatic consequences by delivering clean energy.
At the same time, PV provides great investment opportunities. As natural resources are limited, the world is seeking for new energy sources that can replace fossil fuels in present and future. Governments all over the world have expressed their willingness to push forward the use of renewable energy. Many countries have underlined their efforts by granting subsidies for PV and other natural sources, making an investment even more attrative. We make this potential accessible for our customers.
- Education: Graduation from the Moscow Institute for the Physics and Technology specializing in applied mathematics and physics / Oxford Fintech Programme by Said Business School University of Oxford
- Main activities and responsibilities: 1992 – 1994 Researcher at the Institute for Problems in Mechanics of the Russian Academy of Sciences 1998 – 2002 Vice President for Investments and Trading Securities/Member of the management board in JSC Mobile TeleSystems (JV with Deutsche Telecom), publicly traded on NYSE. 2002 – 2014 Senior Vice President/CFO of Sistema Group (equity fund, publicly traded on LSE), member of the Management Board 2014 – 2016 MD of Redline Capital Management S.A., Head of the Investment Committee
- Alexey holds Director positions in different international companies in tech, telecom fields. He is a serial entrepreneur and business angel in several tech projects.
- Education: Diploma Business Law / Diploma Business Administration
- Main activities and responsibilities: Business Development, Financial Management, Energy Projects
- CEO of international working companies in the field of Business Consulting, Renewable Enrgy, Wastewater Treatment
- Thorsten delivered over 100 successful international projects all around the World; leading teams from 5 to 50 people with clients as Claas, ThyssenKrupp, Linde, Stadtwerke München
- Education: M.A. in German Studies (specializing in Communication Studies), History, Informatics at University of Trier
- Main activities: Business Development, IT-Projects, Online Marketing, E-Commerce
- CEO of international working companies in the field of SaaS, Business Consulting and IT
- Michael delivered over 100 successful international projects all around the World; leading teams from 5 to 50 people with clients as Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica, Vodafone Group, Orange Group, T-Mobile, KPN, Optus Singtel, Milicom, GSMA, Joseph Seibel Group, Miele Group, Fackelmann, Alwitra
Global warming is a major threat to humanity. Although we can see early consequences of climate change today, forecasts predict even more dramatic results. Public awareness for the issue is rising and countries all over the globe are drastically reducing their carbon footprint to at least decelerate temperature rise. In order to do so and – at the same time – fit the growing demand for energy, new and sustainable energies are needed.
Photovoltaic is one very reliable answer to the question of how to produce energy and still keep nature healthy. While fossil resources such as gas and oil will sooner or later be depleted, the sun is going to be there as long as humanity exists. It is therefore no coincidence that PV is the most mature technology in the renewable energy sector.
Years of research and optimization made PV the most reliable contributor of clean energy. It has become the ideal investment opportunity for people who do not only care about profits but the future of our planet.
Ilios provides its clients with excellent investment opportunities. Our know-how of the industry, our lasting experience on financial investments and photovoltaics and our efforts to save the planet make us the ideal partner for every potential investor.
When we run a new PV project, we make sure to do it right. Ilios supervises the site selection process and makes sure, that a new plant is only build in locations that guarantee sustainable return. What we offer, are high quality solutions both from a technical perspective and from the financial point of view.
In addition to setting up new PV projects, Ilios also closely monitors market development and acquires exisiting PV plants in order to expand the exisiting portfolio with projects that have proven to be profitable. This approach further lowers risks and ensures the investment outcomes we are promising.